Rand Fishkin is a tech entrepreneur, blogger and leader in the field of Search Engine Optimisation. He is a frequent keynote speaker for events around the marketing and startup world as well as a best selling author of Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World.
Why we love him
Rand has spent his career helping people do better marketing. This emphasis on helping businesses improve their marketing function highlights Rand's enthusiasm for the industry, as well as how fundamental marketing and marketing technology is to the greater business model.
- Dropped out of the University of Washington to work full-time at his mother’s small business. Co-founder of Moz, the SEO software company, where he served as CEO until 2014.
- Founded SparkToro, a software and data company focused to helping people understand data
- Continues to promote improvement to marketing through his Whiteboard Friday video series, his blog and his ground-breaking book.
- Frequent keynote speaker around the world
My new book: Lost and Founder https://t.co/ZIe0cLn1O5 exists to bring transparency to topics the startup world seems scared to tackle:— Rand Fishkin (@randfish) April 4, 2018
- Why growth hacks fall flat
- Why pivoting sucks
- Why MVPs fail
- How much $$ founders+employees actually make pic.twitter.com/6rEMPTqd90
- Rand proposed to his long-time girlfriend in a national TV commercial (which led to an interview on the Oprah Winfrey show)
- Rand's now-wife, Geraldine DeRuiter is a well-known author and he made prominent appearances in her first book, All Over the Place.
- Rand joined us for Marketing & Tech Book Club to chat about his book, Lost and Founder
Where to find out more
- Growth.org: Previously inbound.org. Rand co-founded the site which is dedicated to sharing marketing articles across the web. This was sold to Hubspot in 2014 and became the “Growth Hub”.
- Sparktoro Blog: Rand's marketing and tech blog which he updates frequently on the Sparktoro website
- Whiteboard Friday video series: A series of marketing videos and blogs updated by Rand and other SEO experts to break down a complicated marketing concept
- Don’t forget to read his bestselling book, Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World
Follow Rand Fishkin