The State of B2B Digital Event Experience 2023 US
This report looks at the current state of the B2B digital event experience in the United States, highlighting the continuing role of virtual events for B2B organizations.
With 44% of CMOs viewing virtual events as their most important demand generation tactic, the challenge for CMOs is to deliver engaging and effective virtual events that drive brand awareness, leads, and sales.
The report examines digital event strategy by examining five key pillars of event experience, discussing the issues and challenges marketers face, and opportunities for improving event experiences.
This report looks at.
- Customer expectations. 71% of CMOs reported that attendees expect much higher levels of event experience, and 60% of CMOs reported higher levels of digital event fatigue.
- Maturity & strategy. The right combination of skills, technology, great content, planning, and alignment with broader marketing activity and overall business goals is required for great virtual event experiences.
- Technology. CMOs see the features and functionality provided by tech tools are key to enhancing attendee experiences.
- Marketing strategy & metrics. Marketers see the improvement in event experiences as a key factor that will improve their overall demand generation performance. Increasing brand awareness was the key reason given by CMOs for running online events.
- The future of B2B event experiences. The growth in tool functionality: AI, gamification, and the adoption of 3D, and CMOs see deep immersive engagement through VR/Digital Twins/Metaverse and digital speakers/presenters powered by AI and ML as reshaping the future of digital event experiences.