Office Manager / Executive Assistant (EA)
Location: Hoxton, London
Role type: Full Time
We’re the MarTech Alliance - a learning business for the marketing, sales & technology community.
We deliver exceptional modern learning experiences; events, courses & resources; individuals & teams, physical & digital, formal & informal, self-study, instructor-led & community-based learning.
All this supports our development into THE global community of marketing, sales & technology professionals. To help them keep upgrading their skills, knowledge & network to advance their careers & business performance.
About our background.
About the role.
Our founder took the business from being a side hustle on his sofa to an amazing office in east London with an epic team of 15.
We have snowballed from one event to a global event series, a portfolio of digital courses and a library of content.
We have built a global community of over 100k marketing, sales, and tech professionals to help them grow their careers and companies.
Today we work with companies from TikTok to Coca-Cola and Adobe to McKinsey.
The primary duties centre around making the CEO’s time, information, and decision-making more effective and efficient.
- Assist with a wide variety of tasks to minimise the impact on the CEO’s time.
- Provide extensive diary management for the CEO, across various platforms. Arrange internal and external meetings and calls.
- Proactively book and coordinate all travel arrangements.
- Be the first point of contact among senior management, employees, clients and external partners.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, candidates, and clients, ensuring enquiries are handled effectively, promptly, and providing progress reports as appropriate.
- Manage expenses. Liaise with the finance function to guarantee prompt and efficient administration of payments and invoices.
- Develop HR initiatives, making sure correct procedures are followed for recruitment and onboarding. Keep records of all employee reviews and staff training development plans.
- Support the recruitment process, including scheduling interviews and assessments.
- Process key documentation, including contracts and agreements.
- Update company performance reports.
- Review and refine pitch decks.
- Act as an extension of the CEO in meetings, taking notes and sending follow-up emails.
- Problem-solving mindset
- Solid communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- Solid interpersonal and presenting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An obsession with operational efficiency
- Personable and empathetic
- Self-motivated & focused
- Meticulous & highly organised
- A love to learn
- A hands-on ‘doer’, not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Flexible and adaptable to varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company and its staff members
You will have experience of supporting a CEO in a fast-paced start-up and be looking to take your skills and experience into a new position with excellent growth potential.
Cultural fit, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are key attributes that will be considered more important than previous experience.
Our core values.
- We get $hit done – key to this is initiative & ownership.
- We have drive, ambition & commitment.
- We’re obsessed with learning – in traditional formats but also rolling up our sleeves to learn by actually doing stuff.
- We do things that inspire us & produce the stuff we’re proud of.
- We embrace change & constant evolution.
About our working style
We believe in a mix of office and remote. It gives us a chance to build relationships with colleagues, learn from conversations we have in the office while having some flexibility for a great work-life balance.
Being in the office also means you get to build a relationship with Paco – our Chief Barketing Officer.
Our office is based in the heart of London, just 4mins walk from Shoreditch High street.
Operationally we adopt agile work ways (think daily stand-ups and Asana across the entire team) alongside the robust planning and operating model; Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
OK … but why work here?
We asked our team to rattle off the key reasons why they enjoy being part of our amazing team:
- Recognition & work that matters – Your work truly matters, it has an impact and you're recognised for what you do in any role in the business.
- Business inflexion point – We are at a real inflexion point in our growth so you have the opportunity to be part of something very special which is growing at speed – the right way.
- Learning & Career growth – We live and breathe what we do. We are committed to helping our community to keep upgrading, to build their skills, knowledge and network to grow their careers. The same is true of our team. You will receive a training allowance and development plan to map your personal growth.
How to apply.
In the first instance, we would like to understand more about you.
- Forward your Resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a summary of the reason why you feel you’re right for the role.